Wallace and Gromit, Aardman’s most loved and iconic duo, have been delighting audiences for over 30 years. Since Nick Park introduced the characters in 1989’s Academy Award®-nominated A Grand Day Out, the duo have appeared in 4 other films, including The Wrong Trousers which won 13 awards, including the Academy Award® for best short film.
Wallace and Gromit have won over 100 awards at festivals around the world, including three Academy Awards® and five BAFTA® Awards. The inventor and his trusted canine companion are a regular highlight of primetime TV schedules, especially during the festive season. They have become British national treasures and icons in their own right, and continue to grow audiences internationally across multiple platforms.
Wallace and Gromit enjoy a day out with a difference when a quest to find cheese prompts a visit to the moon in this Academy Award®-nominated animation. Despite a few hiccups with their homemade rocket, the duo make a successful lunar landing, arriving just in time for lunch. But a strange, mechanical being isn’t too happy to see Wallace eating slices of moon cheese... Premiered in 1989.
- Best Animated Short Film (A Grand Day Out)
- Best Animated Short Film (The Wrong Trousers)
- Best Short Animated Film (The Wrong Trousers)
- Best Short Animated Film (A Close Shave)
- Best Animated Film (A Close Shave)
International Emmy AwardsWinner
- Best Popular Arts Programme (A Close Shave)
- Best Animated Short Subject (A Matter of Loaf and Death)
- Best Short Animation (A Matter of Loaf and Death)
British Animation AwardsWinner
- Children's Choice Award (A Matter of Loaf and Death)
Aardman is a global distributor of IP and represents a selective list of third party producers of high quality animated content.Learn more
Working with partners around the world, we use our wealth of creative talent to bring unique and interactive experiences to life.Learn more
We develop and elevate our iconic character brands through a vibrant and diverse licensing programme.Learn more